Stepstick - TMC2209 Stepper Driver
These stepper drivers are built around Trinamic's TMC2209 stepper driver IC. TMC2209 drivers have a number of advantages, most notable of which is their quiet operation due to Trinamic's stealthChop technology.
Note that TMC2209 stepper drivers are configured via UART, and that UART control is required to fully configure many of the settings for these drivers. They are best used with a control board that supports UART natively - such as our RUMBA32 boards!
These drivers are made in the Pololu-style 'stepstick' footprint. They are compatible with any control board that accepts this footprint, including RAMPS and RUMBA+. They come with the headers already soldered in place, and also come complete with a heatsink, with adhesive already attached. Perfect!
Unlike many other stepstick designs, the TMC2209 stepstick has the stepper driver IC and most other components sit on the bottom of the driver board - so the top is a flat surface for the heatsink to attach to. This improves the thermal dissipation when a heatsink is attached.
- Operating Voltage Range: 4.75 - 28V
- Logic Voltage Range: 3-5.2V
- Continuous Current per Phase: 2A
- Maximum Current per Phase: 2.8A
- Microstep Resolutions: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 and 1/256
Resources:TMC2209 v1.2 User Manual
- 1 x TMC2209 Stepper Driver Module
- 1 x Aluminium Heatsink w/ Adhesive