Metal V-Wheel Kit
These metal wheels are tough stuff! We do not recommend using them directly on our aluminium extrusion, as these wheels will wear the extrusion out over time. Instead, these wheels should be paired with a steel V-Groove rail, many styles of which can be installed onto our extrusion - we don't yet carry any of this rail yet, but here's one example!
These are the strongest wheels we have, but they're not for the faint of heart. You'll want to find a source of suitable V-rail before giving these a go, but once set up these make for a very, very mechanically solid system. Due to the metal-on-metal action, these are louder in use than our other wheels!
Note: These are the same shape and profile as our Delrin V-Wheels.
Each and every wheel we sell is carefully and consistently milled to achieve a high degree of precision and tolerance!
Each wheel kit includes:
- 1 x Metal V-Wheel
- 2 x 625-2RS Bearings (5x16x5)
- 2 x 5mm Precision Shim (10x5x1)
- 1 x M5 Hex Locknut
You'll also want to grab suitable screws and spacers to suit your build:
- Low Profile M5 Screw - either 25mm for use with up to 1/8" thick plates, or 30mm for up to 1/4" plates
- Aluminium Spacers - either 6mm or 1/4", depending on your preference
- Eccentric Spacers - either 6mm or 1/4", to match the standard spacers
Usually, for a standard gantry, you'll want half of the wheels with standard spacers and half with eccentric spacers.
- Material: Aluminium 6105-T5
- Outer Diameter: 23.9mm
- Inner Diameter: 16.0mm
- Width: 10.2mm