USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi
Make your Internet of Things device cable-free by adding super WiFi. Take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone's USB port to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link. We tried half a dozen modules to find ones that work well with the Pi and Bone without the need of recompiling any kernels: its supported by the Bone's Angstrom installation that comes with each Bone as well as the Adafruit Occidentalis distribution. You'll have wireless Internet in 10 minutes! Works great with 802.11b/g/n networks.
When you don't need the small size of our Miniature or Stick-size WiFi adapter, this guy has a massive antenna for greater range!
If using with a Beagle Bone: Because of the high power required by WiFi, a 5V 2A power adapter is required to power both the Bone and WiFi. Flaky behavior and crashes may result if this is not followed! We have a tutorial for using this module with the Beagle Bone!
If using with a Raspberry Pi: The latest Wheezy distributions support this module out-of-the-box. Also, the Adafruit Occidentalis distribution has support built in. Check out our detailed tutorial for how to set up WiFi networking on the Pi. You may find that you need to have a powered hub to use this adapter, so if you're having power flakiness with your Pi, try a hub! Pi B+ / A+ / 2 should work without needing a hub.
- Mini portable USB 2.0 design
- Wireless N speed up to 150Mbps, ideal for internet surfing and on-line gaming
- Complies with IEEE 802.11n (Draft 2.0), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b standards
- Provides two work modes: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc
- MIMO technology makes wireless transmission rates up to 150Mbps
- CCA technology enhances your signal stablility by automatically avoiding channel conflicts
- Quick secure setup, complies with WPS for worry free wireless security
- Wireless security encryption easily at a push Of QSS button
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, as well as WPA/WPA2 and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions
- Supports WIN2K, XP, VISTA, WIN7, MAC, LINUX operating system
- Supports wireless roaming technology for high-efficient wireless connections
- Seamlessly compatible with 802.11b/g/n devices
- Chipset Ralink: RT5370
- Wireless Standards:IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Frequency Band:2.4GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medical) Band
- Peak Throughput:150Mbps
- Channel:1--14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)
- Data Security 16/128-bit WEP Encryption WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, TKIP/AES
- Support Operating System: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Linux, MAC
- Host Interface: High speed USB2.0/1.1 Interface
- Antenna Gain: 2dBi
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC - 40ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC - 75ºC
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 90% RH, (non condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 5% - 95% RH, (noncondensing)
- Package Size: 14.8 * 9.8 * 1.8cm
- Packed Weight: 36g